Countdown Clock

Monday, April 11, 2011

Our Journey on a Map: Wedding Invites

Travel. Journey. Crossing seas and time. Mr. Suit and I found that these themes kept popping up when we were talking about doing our wedding invitations. Since we wanted something very unique that had to do with travel, why not make our invitation a map of places we've traveled together, where we came from, and where we are going? OoOOh now that would be cool. So then off on my search to find someone that could make my vision into a reality.

I stumbled upon Amy from Tree Space Studio on Etsy. Now let me tell you what a treasure Etsy.com is for little trinkets and artsy ideas. I had no idea what it was until my friend who just got married was talking about it (thanks Crystal and Marissa!). So I contacted Amy with my idea, had a Skype conversation with her and she came up with some gorgeous sketches and ideas that would work for the invite, Save the Date, and RSVPs...


What a genius!! She was able to really capture our vision in her design. At first, we were thinking that invites would be last on the list of priorities, but it really does set the stage for what's to be expected at the wedding and is a little insight to the couple. So transferred some of the flowers/decor budget (sorry Ecuadorian roses!) over to the invites. Hopefully it all turns out well!

UPDATE: Our final products! Absolutely breathtaking and more than we ever expected!



 Photo credit: http://www.treespacestudio.com/home/wedding-gallery/
 

1 comment: